« All Events
Networking: The #1 Way to Get a job (Virtual OR In-person)
July 26, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
How to connect to people to find your next job! Not as hard as you might think!
Virtual meetings are here to stay. Yet experts say 76% of new jobs are found through networking. But how can you network while practicing social distancing? As we begin a “blended approach” to business networking – learn the do’s and do-nots.
Surprisingly, it’s easier than you think.
Learn how to:
- Reach out to connect
- Build rapport
- Increase your visibility
- Develop your skills to make that connection to get your next job.
Understand the “Do’s and don’ts of networking” to maximize your job search efforts.
- Registration closes at 7pm the day prior to workshop.
- Your meeting access link will be emailed the morning of the event.
- If you do NOT IMMEDIATELY RECEIVE your ticket confirmation upon registration – PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
- Please plan to arrive 5 minutes early to ensure that you are able to access the online meeting.
- If you are having trouble logging in – – DON’T PANIC – try calling into the meeting using the phone number that is emailed to you along with your meeting access link.
- Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT: For additional virtual job fairs, free workshops and free computer classes, visit northcookjobcenter.com/events/
- BCS is committed to providing all customers with quality, professional services as well as a safe and comfortable learning environment. The use of our resources (in person or virtual) implies acceptance of our Customer Code of Conduct (see attached Code of Conduct), which is based on the principle of respect for all customers and staff. https://www.northcookjobcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Customer-Code-of-Conduct-handout.pdf
- Our agency is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Funding for this program is made possible through a grant provided by the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership. This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. For more information please visit ChiCookWorks.org/DOL-Funding.