« All Events
How to “Work” a Job Fair- Virtual OR In Person!
August 3 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Get an employer’s perspective on the hiring process!
Learn how find online job fairs and how to interact effectively with recruiters:
- Review employer job postings ─before the VIRTUAL Job Fair
- Customize your resume ─to the skills and experience the employer is looking for
- Sell yourself to recruiters ─ discuss how your skills and experience match the job
- Follow up — get the recruiter’s contact information and send a thank you note afterwards
Practice makes perfect:
- We’ll challenge you to role play as a job seeker.
- You’ll give your elevator speech and practice asking recruiters for an interview. And get feedback.
- It’s your choice to learn how to turn your next VIRTUAL Job Fair into a tool to get noticed, called back and hired.
- Registration closes at 5pm the day prior to workshop.
- Your meeting access link will be emailed the morning of the event.
- If you do NOT IMMEDIATELY RECEIVE your ticket confirmation upon registration – PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
- Please plan to arrive 5 minutes early to ensure that you are able to access the online meeting.
- If you are having trouble logging in – – DON’T PANIC – try calling into the meeting using the phone number that is emailed to you along with your meeting access link.
We are here to help. 🙂