« All Events
How to Work a VIRTUAL Job Fair
April 6, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Get an employer’s perspective on the hiring process!
Learn how find online job fairs and how to interact effectively with recruiters:
- Review employer job postings ─before the VIRTUAL Job Fair
- Customize your resume ─to the skills and experience the employer is looking for
- Sell yourself to recruiters ─ discuss how your skills and experience match the job
- Follow up — get the recruiter’s contact information and send a thank you note afterwards
Practice makes perfect:
- We’ll challenge you to role play as a job seeker.
- You’ll give your elevator speech and practice asking recruiters for an interview. And get feedback.
- It’s your choice to learn how to turn your next VIRTUAL Job Fair into a tool to get noticed, called back and hired.
- Registration closes at 5pm the day prior to workshop.
- Your meeting access link will be emailed the morning of the event.
- If you do NOT IMMEDIATELY RECEIVE your ticket confirmation upon registration – PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
- Please plan to arrive 5 minutes early to ensure that you are able to access the online meeting.
- If you are having trouble logging in – – DON’T PANIC – try calling into the meeting using the phone number that is emailed to you along with your meeting access link.
- The North Suburban Cook County American Job Center is committed to providing all customers with quality, professional services as well as a safe and comfortable learning environment. The use of our resources implies acceptance of our Customer Code of Conduct (See attached), which is based on the principle of respect for all customers and staff. https://www.northcookjobcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Customer-Code-of-Conduct-handout.pdf
- to view other free classes, workshops and hiring events, visit: https://www.northcookjobcenter.com/events/month/