« All Events
How to identify your Transferable Skills to land your next job
April 22, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Your guide for building meaningful career plans – even if you change industries!
Communication, Critical Thinking, Teamwork and Creativity are important skills in almost every job. But what is the secret sauce to success?
In this workshop you’ll learn how to implement this powerful formula for identifying your super powers (meaning transferable skills). Everyone is good at something – it is just a matter of asking the right questions, and figuring out your own answers. And then being able to communicate your skills to future employers. We will teach you how to unlock your potential and “sell” yourself with confidence and pride—knowing that you can deliver what you promise – whether on your resume or during an interview.
We will show you how to identify your transferable skills, incorporate them into your resumes and cover letters and craft answers to potential interview questions.
- Registration closes 24 hours prior to workshop.
- Your meeting access link will be emailed with your ticket registration confirmation.
- If you do NOT IMMEDIATELY RECEIVE your ticket confirmation upon registration – PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
- THIS WORKSHOP IS HOSTED ON “GOtoMEETING.”
- PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER MULTIPLE TIMES for the same session. ONLY REGISTER once for the same session
- Please plan to arrive a little early to ensure that you are able to access the online meeting.
- If you are having trouble logging in – – DON’T PANIC – try calling into the meeting using the phone number that is emailed to you along with your meeting access link.
- If the meeting is full – click on registration and request to be placed on the waiting list.
- The North Suburban Cook County American Job Center is committed to providing all customers with quality, professional services as well as a safe and comfortable learning environment. The use of our resources implies acceptance of our Customer Code of Conduct (See attached), which is based on the principle of respect for all customers and staff. https://www.northcookjobcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Customer-Code-of-Conduct-handout.pdf
IMPORTANT: If you would like to be notified of other free job search resources including training – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, phone number and what kind of help you need.